On Sunday May 31st, Governor Andrew Cuomo has given dentists the approval to reopen immediately. We are pleased to get back to our patients as we know you all have been anxious to proceed with your treatment. CALL US TODAY to schedule an appointment.
As we continue to be committed to partaking in reducing the spread of COVID-19, we have made numerous changes to our office and systems under the requirements of the American Dental Association, New York County Dental Society and American Orthodontics Association. We want to insure our patients that we are taking great care during the re-opening process. These adjustments are for the health and safety of our patient and team. Here is how we vow to commit to you:
1. Our building management team requires that all patrons have a face covering while on the premises.
2. The day before your appointment, we will send out a symptoms questionnaire by email or review by phone, in order to evaluate the patient and/or ONE (1) accompanying adult’s health status.
3. Upon arrival at the office:
a. We will record the temperature of all visitors.
b. We will instruct all visitors sanitize their hands.
c. Please remove outer wear such as jackets, hats, bags, umbrellas, etc. as these items will not be permitted in the treatment area. CELL PHONES must be left in bags or jackets as they will not be permitted in the treatment room.
d. We will review the questionnaire to determine if there has been any health change overnight.
e. If patient is a minor, a parent/guardian should address all inquiries from the waiting area as only the patient is permitted in the treatment room.
f. The patient will be escorted to the treatment room where they will first, wash their hands and then rinse with mouthwash before seating. The appointment will then proceed as scheduled.
4. As social distancing is still a priority, we have taken care in reducing the patient load per hour. In the past, it was not uncommon to have approximately 15-20 appointments in one hour. We will now have up to 7 appointments per hour until we are COVID clear. This is to allow patients the opportunity to have almost no wait time before being seated in the treatment room. There will be fewer people in the treatment room as well. We will only allow patients into the treatment room. We ask that ONLY the patient attend these appointments. Should the patient be a minor, one adult will be permitted to wait in the waiting area.
5. We have extended our usual hours.
6. You will notice some changes in our waiting area:
a. We now have clear partition panels at the front desk.
b. We have removed all magazines and books from our library of Greece books and fun reads for the kids.
c. Our beverage station has been placed on hold.
d. Seating is now limited. We have taped off sections for approved seating to allow visitors to remain 6 feet apart.
e. We have 4 medical grade air filters consistently working.
f. Our staff will be cleaning all surface areas every hour; from door knobs to tables tops and everything in between.
7. You will notice a some changes in our treatment room:
a. Our team will wear additional PPE to reduce exposure between patient and staff.
b. We have clear partitions scheduled to install in the treatment room.
c. We will also take more time cleaning the patient area after each patient.
d. Our chairs and equipment will have more disposable coverings than previous.
e. There will also be fewer MFO team members in attendance no worries, they are all still part of the MFO family, but we are just spreading out everyone’s time.
We are so pleased to be back. We can’t wait to see your smile!
Dr. Kris Togias
Dr. Oliver Nicolay
Dr. Jin Sup Shin
& the entire Manhattan Family Orthodontics team